Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mcallen

My boyfriend and I recently made a visit to Mcallen, Tx for 4 days earlier in April. I'd been there a few times before in my youth and one or two more times visiting one of my best friends while she went to college in the valley. The drive from Austin, TX to Mcallen, TX is pretty nice but the constant changes in speed while driving through the smaller towns got annoying.

While my bf played his jazz at an upscale restaurant at night I was enjoying the wonders of a posh condo provided to us by the owner for musical guests. I suppose I could have ventured out and explored some places but I figured I'd seen it all before considering I was raised in a border town. The place was so comfy that I only went out to go pick up food. The thing that could have made it perfect was if my stupid wireless wasn't on the fritz and I could get online. As I just typed that I suddenly felt terribly lazy and lame. The picture, of course, doesn't do the place justice but I didn't want to start posting pictures of the inside and putting them on public display.


Two days into our trip we went to the South Padre Island for a few hours to eat and check out the beach. Luckily, it wasn't spring break and it wasn't yet Easter so it wasn't crowded at all. I never thought I could have so much fun riding the huge waves that came in and inahling salt water at every turn.


Observations:
1. There is an overabundance of asian buffets : Krazy Buffet was my favorite title by far.